Submit Your Product for Possible Review
We will NOT be accepting deliveries SEPTEMBER 3-7, 10-11, 13-14, 26-27.
Please adjust your shipping schedule accordingly.
Please note: Submission does not guarantee a review. All products are chosen and tasted by Phil Lempert. Our reviews are published in print and video formats on SupermarketGuru.com, Facebook LIVE, NGA, IGA, YouTube and are read and viewed by consumers, product managers and at every level from store manager to CEO of the retail food industry.
- Please fill out the following submission form to have your product considered for review - YOU MUST FILL OUT A SEPARATE FORM FOR EACH PRODUCT FLAVOR OR TYPE FOR EACH UPC.
- Send 4 full size samples via UPS, USPS or FEDEX to:
SUPERMARKETGURU NEW PRODUCT REVIEW
3015 Main Street, Suite 320
Santa Monica, CA 90405
- You will be asked to upload a color high resolution photo of the product package by itself (maximum 5mb file size). Do not upload logos.
- The nutritional information must be printed on the actual package.
- The product must be available for purchase in retail stores (those products sold exclusively online are not eligible for review).
Please note that if these 5 criteria are not met, your product is not eligible to be submitted for selection for review.
We regret that due to the volume of products received Phil cannot review all products submitted. Product reviews are conducted by selecting one flavor of a product and taking into consideration the information available on the package as it would appear in the retail environment. Information contained in advertisements or on websites is not taken into account for evaluation or ratings.
Want to know how Phil chooses which products are Hits or Misses?
With over 50,000 products in the average supermarket, people don't have the time, or the money, to test every product on the shelves and with 15,000 new products every year consumers need to know what's out there; so Phil does the testing and the tasting for you and gives the product a rating out of 100, so you know what you can expect when you try something new!
SupermarketGuru.com does not sell the foods Phil reviews, nor receive any compensation from the manufacturers for reviewing or rating them.
Phil taste-tests and judges each product based on the following 8 criteria:
- (30 points) Taste: The most important attribute of any food product
- (20 points) Value: Is it worth it?
- (15 points) Health: Based off the nutritional information, is it nutritionally balanced?
- (15 points) Ingredients: What's in it, how natural is it?
- (5 points) Preparation: When applicable, how accurate or good are the directions *
- (5 points) Appearance: Is it appetizing and does it resemble its photo or description.
- (5 points) Packaging: Is it appropriate for the product and does it have any benefits for added freshness, better storage, etc?
- (5 Points) Sustainability: Is the packaging biodegradable, is it wasteful, is the company endeavoring to offset their carbon footprint or give back to the community?
* Please note: products that do not have any preparation will have the full value of these points included in their total score.
If Phil decides to review my product where will the video be seen and how can I use it?
- Phil Lempert’s review of your product will Stream LIVE on Facebook and soon after be posted on Supermarketguru.com with individual nutrition information and a detailed score breakdown.
- This review also appears on Winsight Grocery Business, IGA GrocerGram, NGA and YouTube.
- You can use the unedited Facebook Live link on all of your social media outlets and post a link from your website to tell the world!
- After the Facebook LIVE event, a customized individual review can be created for a nominal fee. For more info contact Tony@Supermarketguru.com
- If your product was a ‘HIT’ and you would like to use the SupermarketGuru Product Seal in any online and print materials, advertising campaigns or product packaging, please contact Kathy@SupermarketGuru.com for the SupermarketGuru Product Seal Usage & Guidelines.